For some, the perfect way to ring in the New Year is with a night out at exhilarating parties and celebrations. However, others would prefer to keep the celebrations more lowkey. If you’re looking for a way to celebrate New Year’s Eve that’s both special and laidback, book a getaway to Sonoma in California. Located in the heart of the historic downtown square, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen puts you close to everything you need to countdown to the end of the year.
A Guide to the Perfect New Year’s Eve Day
When your New Year’s Eve falls during your escape to El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, you can enjoy a full day of activities that’ll have you saying farewell to the year from sunrise to sunset.
- Make the quick walk to Basque Boulangerie, located on First Street. Enjoy one of their delicious breakfast options or grab a quick bite to eat like a muffin or coffee cake.
- After fueling up, go for one last hike of the year. Even at the end of December, temperatures are mild enough to enjoy outdoor adventures. Take in the stunning Sonoma scenery on area hiking trails like Bartholomew Park’s “Grape Stomp” or Sonoma Overlook.
- Pamper yourself with indulgent spa treatments at a local spa. Select from a range of packages at Blush Sonoma or enjoy a massage from Spa Sonoma at Your Door.
- As night starts to fall, return to your hotel room and get all dressed up for a romantic dinner at El Dorado Kitchen. Our talented executive chef uses local, seasonal ingredients to create award-winning dishes.
- End your night with drinks at Sigh Champagne Bar. Opened in 2012, this wine bar has been serving quality champagne and sparkling wines from around the world. You can also find beer and wine on tap.
Before setting off on your adventures, be sure to check the business hours as some may be open later or close earlier in observance of the holiday.
Book Your Year-End Escape to the Sonoma Valley
A stay at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is the perfect way to celebrate New Year’s Eve California style. There’s no shortage of things to do throughout the day that’ll help you enjoy one last adventure-filled day of the year. After a busy day, unwind in comfort in your luxurious room. When booking your stay, select from a range of accommodation styles, all of which have private balconies. Be sure to check out one of our complimentary bikes to ride around Sonoma. For more information about our hotel and its amenities or special offers, call 707-996-3030.