While Sonoma is known for incredible wineries, there is so much more to this California town, and some of the top attractions are just a short distance from El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Found in the heart of the historic downtown square, our boutique hotel is the perfect home base for any vacation. If you’re looking for an adventure that’ll take you to some of the best spots, pedal along the Sonoma Bike Path.
A Checklist of Stops on Your California Bike Ride
Before setting off on your excursion, you need a mode of transportation. We offer complimentary bikes to explore Sonoma Plaza, but for longer rides like this one, Wine Country Cyclery has you covered.
Now you have two options for how to start your ride. You can drive to one trail end off State Route 12 at Maxwell Farms Regional Park and ride towards downtown. You can also begin at the Lovell Valley Road trailhead and ride to the end and back. While this route is less than two miles, it is filled with interesting and historic points of interest.
- Make a quick detour off the path to spend time on the Sonoma Overlook Trail. This trail includes a 3-mile hike filled with views of the Sonoma Valley and San Francisco Bay.
- One landmark on the trail is Sonoma State Historical Park. Several historical attractions make up this park, and the home of General Mariano Vallejo is immediately to your left as you enter the area.
- As you go through the park, you come to an area referred to as Depot Park. You’ll see old boxcars and a caboose, which are found in front of the Depot Park Museum. Before climbing back on your bike, stop in to learn about the Sonoma Valley Railroad Company.
- The trail heads east from the museum through a portion of farmland called the Patch. As you bike along this section, you’ll be surrounded by an array of locally grown produce.
- The path ends next to the Sebastiani Vineyards and Winery, the perfect spot to treat yourself after your journey. While the Sonoma Bike Path ends here, we recommend continuing your ride to Sonoma Plaza to explore the shops found there.
Of course, if you’re looking for guided excursions, there are plenty of bike tours to choose from.
Unwind in Luxury at El Dorado
No matter where your adventures take you, from cycling the Sonoma Bike Path to flying down a zipline, rest easy knowing you have a tranquil place to call home. Located inside the landmark Salvador Vallejo building, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen provides all guests a place to escape the crowds and relax after an adventure-filled day.
Each of our 27 rooms comes with French doors, private balconies, and modern amenities, all of which help make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Call 707-996-3030 to learn more about our special offers or on-site amenities before booking your stay.