Centrally located in Sonoma, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen reflects the town’s casual elegance with its comfortably appointed rooms, convenient amenities, and farm-driven California cuisine. Renowned for its cozy-yet-sophisticated aesthetic, this contemporary boutique hotel features award-winning dining at the famed El Dorado Kitchen. A solar-heated, saltwater pool complements a lively bar and a lush outdoor garden courtyard. Each of the hotel’s 27 guest rooms offers views from private balconies of Sonoma Plaza and beyond to nearby vineyards. Check out a complimentary bike from the front desk and easily explore surrounding Sonoma.
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is housed in the landmark Salvador Vallejo building, built in 1843 for the brother of Sonoma Valley’s founder. One of the town’s most historic structures, this adobe building has been through various incarnations throughout the decades, including periods as a school, church, and wine-making facility. Thoughtfully redesigned and modernized for today’s guests, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is located just steps from Sonoma Plaza’s hip art galleries, world-class wine tasting rooms, and specialty boutiques. On site, spacious guest rooms are designed with French doors, private balconies, and modern, complimentary amenities. Guests can dine at El Dorado Kitchen, enjoying fresh, seasonally sourced fare indoors or out. Visitors are encouraged to relax on chaises by our solar-heated pool. Of course, anyone wishing to harken back to the past needn’t look further than the building’s courtyard, where they’ll glimpse the owner’s’ prized fig tree, aged over 150 years.
- Contemporary design aesthetic that blends urban sophistication with wine country spirit
- Guest rooms that open to private balconies or terraces
- Outdoor solar-heated saltwater pool (pool is seasonal and heated from May-November)
- El Dorado Kitchen serving fresh, contemporary, seasonal California cuisine
- Located in the heart of Sonoma and surrounded by wineries and restaurants
- Complimentary bikes for rent to explore the historic Sonoma Plaza
- Event and private dining spaces including full property buyout
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In-room illy espresso machine
- Luxury linens
- Tivoli Bluetooth audio system
- Reusable water bottles
- Plush robes
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Check in time 3pm, Check out time 11am
- Guarantee Policy – We require a deposit of one night’s room and tax at the time of booking
- Cancellation Policy – Cancellation free of charge until 72 hours prior to arrival (before 3pm 3 days before arrival).
- Pet Policy – Pets are not allowed
- Children under 18 stay free if accommodated in existing bedding
- For more information about accommodations, please visit our Rooms page
- Room Accessibility – As we are a historical building an elevator is not permitted to allow second floor access. We do offer rooms on the ground floor as an alternate option (subject to availability). Please call us directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding the accessibility of your room.
Our enthusiasm for Sonoma, its people, and its culture is evident in everything we do. You see it in our locally focused wine list and in our commitment to working with area farmers; it’s there in our longstanding relationships with the community’s most trusted special event personnel and in our staff’s recommendations for Sonoma’s best vineyards and hiking trails. We make your wine country getaway a memorable one by looking to the very people just beyond our doors.