Sonoma is known for excellent wineries, but there’s plenty more to explore. During your stay at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, our Sonoma Square puts you near everything you need to make the most out of your vacation. There’s no shortage of activities and adventures to enjoy, from local wineries to relaxing spas to fantastic hikes. If you feel like getting off the beaten path during your escape to Sonoma, CA, explore some of the best kept secret things to do.
A Checklist of 5 Hidden Gems Near Sonoma
When planning out your Sonoma itinerary, be sure to leave time to check out some attractions and activities not all visitors may know about.
- Visit neighboring Napa for a ride with Napa Valley Gondola. This is the perfect addition to any romantic getaway as the tours are always private.
- Explore Sonoma Overlook and Montini Preserve Trails. Spend the day hiking along one of the numerous trails and soak in the beauty of Sonoma nature.
- Fly in a vintage plane with Vintage Aircraft Co., based out of the Sonoma Valley Airport. See the views of Wine Country from above in an open cockpit bi-plane or a T-6 Texan.
- If you’re up for a little longer drive, drive to San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge. Open year-round during daylight hours, this area is perfect for wildlife viewing and photography, nature walks, and more.
- Go for a ride at TrainTown. Whether you’re visiting with young children or are just young at heart, everyone will enjoy the train ride that takes you through tunnels, over bridges, and a stop at a miniature town. Be sure to leave time to enjoy the railroad-themed amusement rides.
If you’re looking for more recommendations of things to check out, be sure to ask our front desk!
Get Out and Explore during Your Sonoma Escape
After a day spent exploring the fun things to do in Sonoma and the surrounding areas, enjoy a relaxing evening back at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Sit in the fireplace lounge or enjoy a swim in the solar-heated pool. All of our 27 rooms were designed to provide our guests a comfortable but elegant experience. Don’t forget to grab dinner from El Dorado Kitchen or El Dorado Cantina before turning in for the night. Call 707-996-3030 to learn more about our boutique hotel or special offers.