Road trips don’t have to mean loading up the car for an all-day drive. Sometimes the best road trips are only a couple of hours but are routes filled with fun attractions and little towns to explore. The drive from Sacramento to El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen in Sonoma can take less than two hours. However, there’s no shortage of adventures to have on your drive, so consider starting your drive early in the day to explore stops along the way.
A Checklist of Stops to Enjoy on Your California Road Trip
There are two main routes to get from Sacramento to Sonoma, and both are filled with activities and attractions to check out on your drive.
- Learn about the history of California at the California State Capitol Museum. The exhibits and collections at this museum are filled with documents and artifacts that showcase the state’s rich history.
- See over 120 vehicles that span over 100 years of automotive history at the California Automobile Museum.
- Keep your eyes peeled for Toad Hollow. This unique roadside attraction features a wood-carved sign and miniature buildings along the highway in Davis.
- Take a look back at railway history at the Western Railway Museum, an excellent stop for groups of all ages. Explore historic railway exhibits and a vintage streetcar.
- See how the famous Jelly Belly beans are made by going on a self-guided tour of the factory in Fairfield. The quarter-mile tour lane gives you an overhead view of the operation of creating these delicious treats.
- As you make your way close to Sonoma, explore the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art. With over 200 acres of outdoor and indoor gallery space, this Napa gallery showcases the work of talented Bay Area artists.
- Before checking into our Sonoma hotel, explore Sonoma State Historic Park. Soak in the warm sunshine as you explore the park’s trails and exhibits.
Make Memories on Your Way to Your Sonoma Square Hotel
When you make the drive from Sacramento to Sonoma, it’s like you’re getting a vacation within a vacation. Have fun exploring the unique sites found along your road trip to El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Enjoy relaxing in your comfortable yet luxurious accommodations. Our boutique hotel, which is close to some of the best activities and attractions in the area, has everything you need to unwind after a long day filled with adventure.
Take a dip in our solar-heated saltwater pool or enjoy the peacefulness of our outdoor garden courtyard. With two amazing on-site restaurants, El Dorado Kitchen and El Dorado Cantina, you’ll have plenty of delicious dishes to dine on. Call 707-996-3030 to learn more about our hotel and how to save on your stay.