One of the first things people associate with Sonoma is vineyards and for good reason. As part of California’s Wine Country, this town and the surrounding area is home to outstanding vineyards. However, there is more to explore during your stay at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Learn about area history at a nearby state park or hike nearby trails. If you’re looking for a relaxing way to soak in the California sunshine, plan a visit to one of the top golf courses in and around Sonoma near our centrally located hotel.
A Guide to Public Golf Courses Close to El Dorado
Whether you’re looking to play a full 18 or just want a driving range to work on your skills, the variety of courses throughout Sonoma and Napa counties means you can find the perfect fit for your golfing needs.
- Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park has a variety of play options, including 18 holes, nine holes, and twilight golf. You can also work on your putting and chipping skills on their 10,000 square foot putting green.
- What was once flat pastureland is now a world-class golf course. Rooster Run Golf Club offers public rates for those looking to play their course filled with six lakes and rolling hills.
- Make the quick drive to Yountville to play at Vintner’s Golf Club. With three different tees, this nine-hole course is perfect for golfers of all skill levels.
- You have two different courses to choose from when golfing at Foxtail Golf Club. Their south course is the more affordable of the two and is great for families. This Rohnert Park also has several practice areas, including a driving range and a practice bunker.
- After a redesign in 2006, Fairgrounds Golf Course in Santa Rosa became known as one of the county’s premier practice facilities. Enjoy their nine-hole executive course, driving range, and putting and chipping green.
- If you’re looking to make a mini day trip out of your golfing excursion, make the drive to Windsor Golf Course. The par 72 course has hosted several PGA Nike Tour events and features a challenging layout featuring oak trees, lakes, and a creek.
After a day spent on a nearby golf course, be sure to stop by El Dorado Cantina or El Dorado Kitchen for a bite to eat when you get back to our Sonoma Square hotel.
Experience Everything Sonoma Has to Offer
From friendly competition on one of the top golf courses to discovering unique attractions, there’s no shortage of ways to explore Sonoma and the surrounding area. Be close to it all by booking a room at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen.
This boutique hotel found in the heart of Sonoma’s downtown square features 27 rooms, all designed to provide guests with the most relaxing and comfortable stay possible. After a day of exploration, relax in our solar-heated, saltwater pool or lounge in the outdoor garden courtyard. Call 707-996-3030 to learn more about the hotel or how to save on your stay.