One of the top reasons visitors pack their bags and head to Sonoma is due in part to its incredible wine scene. Sonoma County is home to hundreds of world-class wineries, several of which are only a short drive away from El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. While you can go on a self-guided tour of these vineyards, there’s another way to sample their creations. For a relaxing evening out, visit a local Sonoma wine bar.
A Checklist of 5 Wine Bars and Tasting Rooms
Visiting wine bars and tasting rooms is a fantastic way to sample and discover a variety of Sonoma-made wines in one location. The spots near our downtown Sonoma hotel are ideal for enjoying laughs with friends while enjoying the fruits of the local vineyards.
- SIGH Champagne Bar is the brainchild of a native Sonoma resident. Opened in 2012, this spot serves sparkling wines and champagnes from all across the globe. Try a variety of options by ordering a champagne flight.
- Found just off Sonoma Square, Enoteca Della Santina has been a staple in this area for decades. While here, you’ll find several wine flights that allow you to sample incredible vino. You can also order wine by the glass or bottle.
- Part restaurant, part wine bar, and part bottle shop, Valley Bar + Bottle Shop has it all. Enjoy California cuisine made using seasonal produce that pairs perfectly with your chosen glass of wine.
- Only a block from Sonoma Plaza rests Winery Sixteen 600. The tasting room features antique theater seats and a turntable spinning an eclectic soundtrack, which creates a unique atmosphere as you sample their incredible wine selections.
- Make your way to The Adobe to sip on the pinot noir and chardonnay Three Sticks is known for. Reserve your spot on a tasting that offers a guided, educational flight of the estate wines.
Before or after your wine-tasting adventure, stop by El Dorado Kitchen for a delicious bite to eat.
Plan a Wine Lovers Getaway in Sonoma
When you book a stay at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, there is no shortage of ways to experience the beauty of Wine Country. Enjoy a night out at a Sonoma wine bar or go on guided bike tours through area vineyards. Our charming hotel, located inside the landmark Salvador Vallejo building, is the perfect home base for your getaway.
With only 27 rooms, you can enjoy a personalized experience you just can’t get at larger hotels. Our spacious rooms feature private balconies, modern amenities, and French doors. Go for a dip in the saltwater pool or curl up with a book in our outdoor patio area. Call 707-996-3030 to learn more about our hotel and special offers.