While vacations are the perfect time to kick back and relax, that doesn’t mean you can’t learn something new. Maybe it’s finding a new favorite wine at a local wine bar or going on a zipline tour for the first time. You can do all this and more when you book your stay at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Our chic Sonoma Square Hotel puts you close to top activities and attractions, including a Sonoma museum or two. During your next visit, consider adding some of these spots to your itinerary.
The Top 5 Museums near Sonoma
From art galleries to historic landmarks, the museums found throughout the Sonoma area appeal to a wide range of interests and audiences. Expand your trivia knowledge base by popping into one of two of these attractions.
- Tour a rebuilt Northwestern Pacific depot building at the Depot Park Museum. The exhibits cover a wide time period in Sonoma Valley history.
- Ever since it was established in 1998, the Sonoma Valley Museum of Art has showcased the work of local and national artists. Open Wednesday through Sunday, the exhibits are filled with incredible contemporary and modern works of art.
- Found in neighboring Napa, the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art is both an indoor and outdoor gallery experience. The 200-acre space showcases incredible Bay Area art in a variety of mediums. Admission gives you access to the Courtyard, galleries, and Sculpture Meadow.
- Dedicated to preserving WWII aircraft, the North Bay Air Museum is an interactive museum. Go for a flight on a beautifully resorted aircraft that’ll have you taking in the views from above. The museum also features display aircraft that showcase aeronautical engineering throughout the years.
- One of the most interesting “museums” is the Sonoma State Historic Park. Made up of attractions at six midtown locations, these spots offer a lens into several different parts of California’s history.
Enjoy a Boutique Sonoma Home Base
Whether you’re hoping to visit a museum or a winery, you’ll find something that fits the bill in Sonoma near El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen. Our boutique hotel is conveniently located steps away from some of the best attractions this California town has to offer.
After a day of exploration, head back to our Sonoma Square hotel to relax. Enjoy a delicious bite to eat at El Dorado Kitchen or grab something from El Dorado Cantina to enjoy in our garden courtyard. When you’re ready for bed, you won’t have any trouble falling asleep in your luxurious but cozy room. To learn more about reserving your stay or special offers, call us at 707-996-3030.